Chocolate Cake in Pressure Cooker
(Makes one medium size cake)
Refined Flour or Maida- 1 Cup
Corn Flour- 2 Tbsp
Coco Powder- 3 tbsp
Coffee powder- 1 tsp
Baking powder- 1 tsp
Butter – 1/4 cup
Condensed milk- 1/2 cup
Powdered sugar- 1/4 cup
Dry fruits- 1/4 cup (Cashew nuts, almonds, raisins and dates)
Salt- 2 cups
How to make Chocolate cake :
- Add 3 tbsp of coco powder and 1 tsp of coffee powder in half cup of hot water and mix it well, now keep it aside.
- Add 2 cups of salt in pressure cooker and spread it to make a layer and place wired stand on it.
- Cover the lid of pressure cooker and heat this up on low flame.
- Take a bowl and add refined flour, baking powder and corn flour and mix it very well.
- Take another bowl and add melted butter and powdered sugar, whisk it for 15 mins or until it looks like cream, now add condensed milk and again whisk for 5 to 10 mins.
- Now add refined flour mixture to this batter and mix it gradually.
- Also add coco powder mixture to this batter and mix well.
- Add dry fruits in this batter and mix it again.
- Now grease the cake tin with butter (you can use any steel or aluminium vessel with flat bottom)
- Set butter paper in this cake tin on bottom and sides, it prevent cake from burning.
- Add the cake batter in this cake tin, flat the batter with the help of spoon.
- Sprinkle some dry fruits on it.
- Now place this cake tin in preheated pressure cooker, make sure do not apply the whistle of cooker lid.
- Cover the lid and cook this for almost 30 to 35 mins on medium to low flame.
- Check the cake with toothpick or knife, if the toothpick or knife comes out clean, cake is ready otherwise bake it for another few mins.
- Take out the cake from pressure cooker and let it cools down.
- Now flip it over to a plate, cut into pieces.
- Chocolate cake is ready to serve.