Serving: 3 to 4
Ingredient for Palak Paneer :
Spinach or Palak- 250 gms
Paneer- 200 gms (cut in cubes)
Oil of Butter- 2 – 3 tbsp
Green chili- 2 finely chopped or grind
Onion- 2 medium finely chopped or grind
Tomato- 1 Large size (grind or puree)
Ginger – 1 inch grated
Garlic- 6-7 cloves (paste)
Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
Turmeric- 1/2 tsp
Coriander power- 1/4 tsp
Curd- 2 tbsp
Asafoetida- a pinch
Garam masala- 1/2 tsp
Water- as required
Salt- as per taste
How to make Palak Paneer–
- Clear the spinach and wash it for 2-3 time in running water.
- Add sufficient water in a pan for blanching the spinach, when water start boiling add spinach boil it for 2-3 mins.
- Drain the water and immediately add it to cold water leave it for 1 or 2 mins.
- Drain the excess water and make a smooth paste of spinach in a mixture grinder and keep it aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and shallow fry the paneer cubes until they turn slightly golden in color and keep it aside.
- Add cumin seeds in hot oil and let them splutter.
- Add finely chopped onion and saute until golden in color.
- Add green chili, ginger and garlic paste and saute for 2-3 mins on medium flame.
- Add tomato puree, turmeric powder, coriander powder and garam masala and fry until mixture leaves oil.
- Add 2 tbsp of curd and mix well.
- Add spinach paste in the mixture and stir well.
- Add water if the spinach paste is very thick and cook until it starts boiling.
- Add salt and fried paneer cubes, cook for another 4-5 mins on medium flame.
- Serve hot.