Serving- 2 to 3
Vermicelli or Sevai- 1 cup
Water- 2.5 cups
Ghee or Oil- 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
Asafoeida or Hing – one pinch
Curry Leaves- 5-6
Green Chili- 2 chopped
Ginger – 1 inch grated
Onion- 1 medium chopped
Tomato- 1 medium chopped
Capsicum- 1 small chopped
Green peas- 2 tbsp
Salt- as per taste
Green Coriander leaves- 1 tbsp chopped
Lime juice- 1/2 tbsp (optional)
How to make Sevai Upma:
- Dry roast the sevai in a pan on low flame until light brown in color and keep it aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add mustard seeds let them splutter.
- Add chopped green chili, hing and curry leaves fry it for a min on low flame.
- Add chopped onion and green peas saute them until onion become translucent.
- Add capsicum and saute one more min on medium flame.
- Add chopped tomatoes and salt mix it well and cook until they become soft.
- Add 2.5 cups of water and bring it to a boil.
- Add roasted vermicelli gradually and mix will.
- Cover the pan and cook it for 10-15 mins on low flame.
- Add lime juice and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.